Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Non-confrontational

Come on in and grab a seat. The heavier skins are back up, mostly to stop that wind. It's so strong these days you can feel just underneath the first little scents of snow and cold. Ah well, I like the cold. Gives me a reason to make big fires.

So I've noticed something the past couple weeks. I don't know if it's me or if it's the strange weather, but it is like everyone wants to pick a fight. And I'm just not into it. Maybe I'm in a low ebb, maybe I'm hitting a mellow phase, dunno. But it is weird to watch others seem ready to tear a strip out of each other and all I want to do is shrug and walk away. I'm just not that fired up right now.

It makes me think of how people are so affected by their environment. Weather, food, experiences, scents, sounds, visual cues, all these things can have such a wild effect when it comes to someones attitude or mood. I'm pretty sure I can predict the weather based on people's moods.

I've also noticed I tend to have an opposite reaction to most folks. I get happy when others get mad, I get mellow when others get fired up. Strange.

So I guess for now I'll just sit back and observe. Easier than trying to get fired up for something I don't want to do.

No comments: