Sunday, May 16, 2010

Five years

Come on in, the fire is low, the skins thrown back and we just reloaded the larder. Feel free to gnosh. Oh and another successful birthday done, little crow, Antekens, is five years old today. Amazing.

Of course there is a bit of a problem with events like this. I always end up feeling lonely. No this isn't a whine folks, just one of those things that always hits me at some point during the festivities. Happens at family events, happens at parties, happens pretty much everywhere because, well, I'm at that age. Mid-thirties, everyone who can be paired off usually is. And I'm pretty much destined to be single.

And again, this isn't me bemoaning my relationship status. Sure, I'd love to have a partner I could share my life with, but I really doubt that is in the cards. I've been in a number of serious relationships, pretty much married twice, and the final count is Me-0, Relationship death-1,000,000. And when the score is that lopsided, you have to figure, it's probably not everyone else I've dated. Kinda like the old line, if you walk into a room and everyone calls you an asshole, it probably isn't the room that has the issue.

So no this isn't a 'poor me, I'm so lonely,' and this isn't a 'fucking stupid chicks don't get me,' it is simply me saying, man, lonely sucks. Appreciate the relationships you have, cherish them and congratulate yourself on learning a lesson I apparently haven't yet. Cheers folks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Waaaah! :P
Time to start dating from the blind, crippled and crazy pool. Well, I think you've already been dating from that last group. But, you know what they say about those.... ;P