Friday, April 9, 2010

Ok Dan Hardy.

Come on in and enjoy the skins down, amazing how much they stop the wind hmm? And we have peanut butter and banana sammichs!

Ok. So Dan. Mr. Hardy. I understand you gotta be you, and you're a loud mouth shit head, I get that. I understand that. I really do. I'm a bit of an asshole myself so I get it. But let's be honest here ok. You got your ass kicked. You got dominated by a far superior fighter. Not just a better athlete, not just a better martial artist. You got your ass KICKED by a better fighter. GSP punched you when he wanted to, he took you down at will, and the only reason he didn't break your arm is a slight miscalculation on how he should have had the hold in the position he was in.

But for you to say THIS SHIT? Oh wow. Are you ever a fucking retard:

"Obviously GSP won, you look at the scorecard and he was dominant in his victory. But I didn't feel like I was beaten up in any way, I wasn't injured, I wasn't hurt. He took the win from me but he didn't take the fight from me.

"I wasn't beaten mentally or physically. I don't know, it must be frustrating for the fans and it's frustrating for me because I know that GSP has the kind of potential to make more of a fight out of it. But he's very good at wrestling and he chooses to stick with the safe option to keep his belt. I mean you can't hold it against him. It's not what I would do in his situation but I'm not in his situation right now, so I can't really make those calls."

That is Hardy's opinion of the fight. Really. REALLY?

Ok well let's look at the fight metrics.

St-Pierre took Hardy down 11 times and connected on 59 of 79 significant strikes, according to FightMetric which tracks mixed martial arts bouts. Compare that to Hardy's four of 27.

FightMetric gave the champion 84 out of a 100 in its Total Performance Review -- which it compares to a football quarterback's rating. Hardy got a 14.

Dude. You got fucking owned. And then you come out and say, 'I mean sure, he won but really, he only won by showing off the glaring holes in my game, where if I were the champion, I woulda come out and tried a very stupid game plan that would put me at risk.' What a fucking retard. How dare GSP fight a smart game plan that made you look like you never should have gotten the shot in the first place.

To quote Fightlinker (BTW full on sarcasm in full effect): All kidding aside, though, shame on GSP for exploiting his opponent’s weaknesses en route to dominating victories. Prick.


BTW, all data and quotes pulled from TSN.

3 comments:

Smarty Pants said...

I *was* quite surprised that for as much as GSP owned Hardy's ass, he couldn't submit him.
Do you think this speaks to Hardy's ground defense and toughness? Or GSP slipping a little in his own game?
And did you see that arm bar where GSP was looking at his corner like "Soo...should I break this thing?"

Silent Winged Coyote said...

I haven't seen anything but pics and small clips, I wannna borrow that disc of yours to watch the fight. :)

I think GSP went easy on him because breaking his arm would have been overall bad for the sport.

That's my opinion, but hey, I also think he shoulda broke his arm for being such a mouthy fuck. But then again I've never liked Dan Hardy because he's exactly what I don't like about some MMA fighters.

I think GSP is still learning the more finesse angles of BJJ and as such he can make mistakes sometimes, but he also isn't looking to hurt people, he does what he does to prove to himself he is better, and that's why I respect the guy.

I think right now there is a part of GSP's brain going 'I did the right thing, I beat him completely, but maybe I shoulda broke his damn arm to shut his stupid mouth up.'

Neo said...

Y'know. GSP's dominance in that fight was astounding. He literally did everything. He consistently took the fight to Hardy. Solid striking, awesome ring control and great takedowns/submissions. I think Hardy was just too stoopid to give up. Like Homer Simpson. Hardy basically was a training dummy the whole fight. He alowed himself to be manhandled in every possible way. Did GSP legitimately beat Hardy? Oh hell yes. So the fight wasn't a knockout or a submission. but there was certainly no contest to the fight. GSP is not slipping, but he isn't in the sport to hurt people. He fights with a code. He knows when he is dominating and may make minor adjustments to keep his pace. Hardy did....nothing. His strikes were virtually ineffective, and with the exception of being able to get his squirrley frame out of GSP's holds, was securely beaten in the ground game.

I give a little bit of credit to Hardy for taking that punishment and having the fortitude to keep going. Way to go man! But don't even think for a second that you ever stood a chance, nor will you in the future. Your skill is not even close to contention with GSP, so go back to fighting in the undercards.

On a related topic. Did anybody hear Dana White's outrage after the Silva/Maia fight? (was a travesty by the way). I won't be surprised if Dana says to Silva; "y'know dude, its not working out. You have to not fight in the UFC anymore. Sure, you are a great fighter, but people are starting to dislike you a great deal which is costing me money."