Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Big Three Five!

Come on in, the weather has turned, which might be a bit of a blessing overall. I have a lot of fresh fruit for everyone to enjoy, like Apples and Bananas!

Thirty five. Yep, today I turn thirty five. Y'want some scary true thoughts? About 25 years ago, I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it to this age. Hell even 20 years ago I still had some doubt if I'd make it. And I'm not talking about being unable to imagine myself as this age, because I could. I mean I really thought I wouldn't make it. I'm just too volatile sometimes, and figured I'd be put down like a rabid dog somehow, somewhere, before I ever got past 30.

And no, it wasn't a death wish, the depression and suicidal thoughts didn't come until later. It was an honest belief that I would be dead because of some stupid shit I would get into before I got there.I've always been one of those folks that cannot have a situation described to me, I really need to experience it. So I've tried a LOT of crazy stuff.

So this here is a shout out to all my family and friends, who obviously realize what an idiot I am and how I turn into a complete dumb ass when a new experience is presented to me, yet have stuck by me and in most cases made sure this ole mangy beast managed to make it home alive.

And of course, full birthday policy in full effect. :)

No comments: