Monday, March 16, 2009

A little crow

Come in come in, I wish to share a milestone. I've got a couple burgers, I can cut them up and we can all have a nibble. Recently a strange thing happened, and it makes me happy.

The unfortunate part of this story involves a small tragedy. The loss of a pet. My Moon's parents had a cat, and they had to put her down for health reasons.

Now no one told The Little Bird what happened. They were still kind of dealing with it themselves, and as such didn't want the Bird asking questions as 3 year olds are wont to do.

Now I'm talking to My Moon on the phone, and she's in the car, I know bad, but I can hear The Little Bird talking up a storm and she said something about someone cutting up Sadie. (That's the name of the cat that had to be put down.)

So I ask My Moon, "What she say?"

"Oh well, she said she had a dream where I was cutting up Sadie."

"Wow, she is a little crow."

Y'see, the Crow is a trickster, and my Little Bird, is a crow. Now there are different aspects to how the trickster operates, thus the different forms. For me, a Coyote, I teach, usually through my own 'accidents' or through making things difficult for others. Yeah, it means I'm a prick.

Now Crows, they instead are the keepers of secrets, and they search them out and find them however they can. Now I'm not saying some mystical event happened. Although I do think that's possible. I will say she's an incredibly observant little critter and if there was something for her to figure out, she probably did, with her brain working while she slept to move through the observed behavior to come to the correct solution.

Fabulous. Beautiful Little Bird. Happy Coyote Dad.

No comments: