Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Finally a post on bullying

Come on in, I picked up some sour cream and dill chips.  They're quite tasty.  Enjoy those and the fire.

So there's this.  Watch the video too.  See how far this stupid shit goes with online crap and bullying.

So here's the thing.  I was a fat kid who got picked on.  I was always taught not to fight back.  That was always bad advice.  I know that now.  I should have been taught to fight back in suitable means.  This kid, Casey Haynes, he did what he knew to do.  He picked up the little shit head and slammed him down.  He exerted his right not to be hit and demonstrated not just to the one bully, but to all of them, that he is not fighting back because he can't, but because he doesn't want to.

What baffles me about this is two fold.  Why do we insist on teaching our kids not to fight back?  And why do school boards with zero tolerance for violence policies insist on punishing the kids who are merely asserting their right to not be hit? 

So first off.  This is what I've taught my children.  Always ask for acts of violence being perpetrated on you, aka being picked on, bullied, pushed around, etc., to stop.  After they stop listening to that, cause maximum damage with minimal effort, just enough to stop the assault on you, and then walk away.  Both my girls know many ways to hurt a human body in horrific ways and when to use them.  The eldest has defended herself.  The younger is a bit more bombastic than her sister, so hasn't had to yet as she's a level of intimidating all without violence.  Teaching your child to not fight back is not acceptable when other people do not teach their children not to be little shitheads.  Teach them to be non-violent until they are violated, then they should defend themselves from further possibilities of injury.

Next.  School boards.  Kids defending themselves should not be punished.  They should be praised.  Because they're doing what you're not.  Stopping bullying.  Bullies are stupid creatures that only respond to simple stimuli.  Like the idea that if I pick on someone, I might end up getting a face full of concrete.  If that kid goes on bullying, it won't be against Casey again.  And maybe some other kids will figure out it's alright to smack down a bully when they start getting froggy. 

Here's the obligatory story to prove my point.  I was picked on for being the fat kid.  Until I grabbed one of my tormentors, threw him down, grabbed him by the throat, and beat his head against the playground until he almost passed out.  The only reason that little fucker didn't end up in the hospital after years of bullying me was that his stunned friends hauled me off him.  They didn't try to pick on me while they grabbed me off him, or from that day forward.  In fact, they were all just a little bit frightened by me.  And if that's what it takes to get some asshat to stop bullying, then so be it. 

I am not advocating the preemptive beating of these wastes of flesh, who's better half ended up in their father's pants, but I am advocating the suitable consequences for their unwelcome and idiotic actions. 

Oh and the right to smack the crap out of parents who are obviously creating bullies out of their children.  Suitable consequences for suitable actions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

- Jay