Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Two years gone

Come on and grab a seat.  Got some almonds.  Chili & lime.  Tasty.

It's been two years since you left this physical realm and went south.  Two years and so many different things.  So much change.  Still miss you and am thrilled when you visit my dreams.  You are the definition of strength and acceptance to me and always will be.  So Grandma, I figured I'd give you an update.

I graduated.  got this nifty keen little piece of paper in a silly plastic folder (I should get it framed) that sez I know stuff.  And I say thank you to you, because you helped make it possible.  You provided so much support and love throughout my whole life it would be hard to imagine it without you, so thanks.

The girls are getting bigger, and so much more fun with each day.  Even through the challenges.  Little Bear still misses you.  I hope she carries on who you were, because she is so much like you.

I needed a rest.  Things got too much so I ended up cracking, but thankfully you were there to help with that too.  Thanks again.

I got a new job!  I love it, I'm the writing instructor for FNUniv.  It's so much fun.

And I met the most wonderful girl.  You'd love her.  Next time you come see me, come visit her too.  She loves my quilt.  She's a handy crafty type herself and recognizes just how great that quilt is.  And loves to cuddle up with me under it.

When I hear this song I think of how you were, how you worked and lived.  And what mattered to you.  And how what matters to me seems to be strengthened by that same ideal.  Love you Grandma.

1 comment:

Smarty Pants said...

Pax to you both, my friend.