Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Idiots

Come on in and grab a stump, time fer some rantin'!  Oh here's some Pc Greek Flavoured potato chips too.  Tasty!

Alright, now I'm pretty sure very few young people (Teenagers) read this blog, but that doesn't mean you don't know some teenagers.  Also there is another aspect of this that I want to talk about that is related.  But let's get right to the meat of the issue.

So being a good parent I look over (spy) on my kid's effbook page.  And I click on the pictures that her friends put up and I check them out from my page.  Meaning they are not my friends on effbook but I can view their entire album.  And what do I find in these albums?  In almost every single case I looked into, I found pictures of underage drinking, with a whole fucking page of comments that all translate to this idiotic statement:  'Dooood, I was so wasted that time!' 

Why do I know it's an idiotic statement?  Because I've said it.  Anyways.  All of you may be saying to yourself now, 'Why does Coyote give a shit about underage drinking?  I'm pretty sure he was drinking fairly young.'

And you would be right.  I was.  I was getting into bars at about the age said daughter is now.  Which is 14.  But here's the difference.  I DIDN'T PUBLICIZE IT!  Admittedly, we didn't have the tech then that we do now to instantly publicize yourself, but it's not like I had t-shirts made up to proclaim my underage drinking, nor did I brag about it in front of teachers, or coaches, or parents. 

Which is WHAT YOU'RE DOING WHEN YOU POST THAT SHIT ON FACEBOOK!!!  You are essentially bragging in front of a bunch of people, some of whom may actually be a cop, that you're engaging in illegal activity.  and it's not really you that will pay, it'll be your parents or the owners of the house where you got wasted. 

Let me explain the deal here so you fuckers won't ruin it for the next generation.  There is an agreement, that we all know the teens are going to drink, and so we as adults let it slide as long as other precautions, like asking for a ride, or a safe place to sleep, are observed.  We're down with that.  And the cops are down with that too, they'd rather let the parents handle their drunk stupid kids.  But when you make that shit PUBLIC then they're going to have to come down on you.  So knock it off you fucking morons!

And that's not to mention the whole 'memory of the Internet.'  Don't know what that is?  Essentially it's the theory that anything put on the Internet will remain there forever.  It will always be there, always accessible.  do you know what that means?  It means if the job market again turns into the scary dog eat dog of the '90s, the people who hire for the really big jobs will have people on staff who will dig up this shit.  How will that go, sitting there, third interview, thinking 'Yah, got me a killer job!' and BLAM!  There is a picture of you 14, with a bunch of comments underneath about how you got drunk, so drunk you made out with some one, and you woke up without your panties and OH HOW FUN IT WAS!  Get it?  That shit follows you.  It's not fair but it is what happens.

Speaking of Internet memory.  All you fuckers that go everywhere with your camera and take pictures at the bar?  Knock it the fuck off.  Ok?  Not everything needs to be recorded.  Sometimes it's fun to be able to tell the story without a damn pictographic essay.  And if you REALLY need to keep the damn camera going, or are one of those assholes who can't stop pulling out the camera on your phone, do two things out of consideration and respect for other people.  A) Ask the people you are photographing if it is alright.  B)  Try to situate your pictures so you don't have a bunch of people in the background who DID NOT give you permission to take their picture.  It's just a matter of respect people. 

1 comment:

Neo said...

You are correct about the things stated on the internet. Effbook in particular. There are many employers, nowadays, who go out of their way to look up potential employees on effbook to see what kind of person they are and what they fill their time with.

Simply put, if it's not appropriate for everybody to know about it, you shouldn't put it up there.

But, not every person, teenager or otherwise, is of the capacity to care. Or maybe they are just ignorant of the "creepers" of effbook.