Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Christmas Prayer

Come sit around the fire and enjoy some cabbage rolls.  I made them for the potluck this year.  Used Gramma/Mom's recipe and as evidenced by the large empty crock pot, they were pretty well received.  Don't worry though, I made a massive amount and have extras. 

And before we break this bread amongst friends I offer this prayer.

I thank the grandfathers for what they provide, from the ground we find beneath the fresh snow, to the knowledge we now share from the beginning of time.  I offer them a sacrifice of myself to honour their spirit.

I honour the spirits of joy, the gifts of the soul, and the selflessness that is the heart of this time.  No matter your background, your spiritual belief, your religion, we all keep this time together to recognize the promise of life through death. 

I say a blessing to my family and friends, those that already know my love, but even more so I make a promise of generosity to those I do not know, to those who may not know that even those without a personal stake care for them simply because they exist.

I extend my love to all those members of my world who may not always be seen, who may not even have been human.  I honour their individual nations, and give thanks to the sacrifices they have made so my feeble existence may continue.

And to you who may read, I love you.

1 comment: