Friday, February 24, 2012

I need a new hobby

Come on in and enjoy the fire.  The winter has decided to come back with a bite so we've got some baked pasta for you here.  Very good.

So I've had a lot of different hobbies over my lifetime, and I've rather enjoyed them.  Of course they were more about the social aspect than the actual hobby.  I like people. Not necessarily doing anything.  I'm kinda lazy.  Actually I'm not lazy, I just like being sedentary most days.

So I used to collect comics as a kid.  I still love comics, but they suck so bad now, and cost so much.  It used to be good stories and some decent art... now even the 'cutting edge' comics are the same shit over and over.  I don't think I've read any decent stories in comics for a while.  If I'm wrong, please point it out to me and I'll go check it out.

I used to play sports.  A lot.  Football.  Wrestling.  Then paintball.  My last hurrah at sports recently was dodgeball.  I blew out my shoulder and can't throw.  I catch well but that's still only half good.  Kinda sucks.  And the shoulder is still right fucked.

I like RPGs, including LARPs.  That's Role Playing Games and Live Action Role Playing.  The RPG groups I was a part of have fallen apart, I am running a Deadlands game, but I wanna play!  :)  And the LARPs are fun, to a point.  It's so much effort, and I'm just not interested in putting in that kind of effort.  I'm kind of burnt on them.  Perhaps I'll try to run a larp.  I'd like to adapt a rule set to run a shadowrun LARP.  But it would have to be run a lot different than a standard LARP.

I used to play poker a lot more.  But that requires money.  I gots none of that.

And that's part of the problem with a hobby.  They all cost something.  I gots nothing.  Serious.

Well perhaps it's time I just start writing all the time, see what kind of crazy shit I can pull out of my as and make y'all giggle a bit.

Like this random thought:  I keep thinking about getting a twitter account but I don't like the idea of listening to tweets, twats or twits.  And I haven't seen anything on it worth signing up for yet another thing I'd have to check.  I totally need some cybereyes that have HUD.  I'd totally volunteer for that procedure to test it out.  And cyber legs, maybe some muscle replacement on the arm.

Damnit I really wanna play shadowrun.  Ringmaster, start a damn game!

5 comments:

Ringmaster said...

Sorry - I got burnt out like you awhile back; running games all the time. If I'm gonna do anything, it's going to involve minimal effort - like playing Deadlands.

Silent Winged Coyote said...

Jerk.

Ringmaster said...

"Jerk those pistols and go to work"?

Ringmaster said...

You don't happen to have "Bloodbowl" do you? I'm getting the itch to game and watch football...

Silent Winged Coyote said...

I do not, other than on my computer. Could download it from Steam and we could set up some matches.