Friday, May 9, 2008

My Moon

Please come in, the fire is quite nice tonight, and tonight we have a special treat. Look up. Yes there, see the den isn't entirely covered over with shadows tonight. Up there you can see Her. The Moon, My Moon, and she's beautiful. You see some of us are called to certain things, and to me, She is paramount. Like the seasons, I change. That change is due to a great many things, but most of all My Moon. As such this post is dedicated to My Moon, it is for Her that I write tonight, and it is Her that I address.

Sometimes we don't properly thank the people around us for the amazing things they do. Their eforts on our behalf, intended or not, often are overlooked, and this needs to be addressed. Especially since some events may have occured that could have you questioning your own worth. And so, I say thank you. Thank you for everything you do for me, and all the things you are to me. And mostly for the way you have inspired me.

I wouldn't have gone back to school without your encouragement and example. Without you I wouldn't have thought it possible that someone my age with my responsibilities could take on the task and succeed, yet you did, so I tried. I have thrown myself back into studies and couldn't be happier. I found my goal and have dedicated myself to seeing it through, and I have you to thank for that. Thank you.

I wouldn't have the compassion I now have if it weren't for you. Yes, I've always felt the need to love the people around me, and I do that I can for them, but it wasn't until I met you that I found my own caring lacking. I didn't know someone could take on so much and give as much until I saw you do it, and so I give as I can and enjoy it for the beauty it brings me. Thank you.

Without you I wouldn't have found my second daughter. Both are like halves I didn't know were missing each other. Together they are two of the most beautiful things I have ever known, and I mean that beyond their cuteness, they represent things I hadn't known before and each teach me something new each day. And it is because of you. Thank you.

I see you as one of the most dedicated parents I have ever met, and watch with joy as we lead our children into each new stage of their lives. You push me to learn more about parenting myself, and have helped me understand the role I play with the Little Bear's biological mom. I have learned more from you than any other source I could name. Thank you.

I didn't know I could love someone like I love you. We support and reinforce each other in so many ways that I am amazed each day at how beautiful you are and just what that means to me. Your smile lights the night around me and your glow is all I ever will need to see me through each one. Thank you.

You left, and while it hurt, it was good. However unintentioned, I am alive because of you. That is not hyperbole. I was sick, and dying, and now I'm not. Until I met you I could think of only one person who I could honestly say kept me alive through bad times, and that was Coach Saip, but you, you are again a reason I still breathe. Thank you.

Whatever comes your way My Moon, remember how much I love you and how important I think you are to this world. You are beautiful, sexy, incredible, funny, intelligent, compassionate, and hold such a terrible wonder for me that I am beyond needing you, I merely need your gaze to remind me that I love you.

Thank you.

No comments: