Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ok you f**ktards...

Come on in and enjoy the fire and food. We have some taco salad and the Little Crow wanted tiny oreos so we have those too. Sometimes I give in to the worst requests...

Ok so like most of my ilk (that being folks who like the English language and understand the basic rules to it) the misuse of your and you're, and their, there, they're, are incredible pains. We froth at the mouth when we see their misuse and you're sadly mistaken if we take your misuse with a grain of salt. And no I'm not about to explain the differences and how to use them, go fucking pick up a book that teaches grade one grammar and learn it. Instead my problem is this: The jovial, almost proud manner in which people reject correction on these points.

This bothers me because it essentially rejects the notion that improving our communication skills is important. Or that it is better to be ignorant. Either way, both of these attitudes piss me off. And no, I'm not a fucking grammar Nazi, I just expect people to understand the BASIC RULES OF THE FUCKING LANGUAGE THEY PURPORT TO SPEAK AND READ!!

So here's the deal fucktards. Learn it and stop being proud of your stupidity. No one likes to be stupid and we're not saying you are. We (those of my ilk) are not trying to make you feel stupid, or insult you. We just want you to learn. If your response to our help is to act like an asshat and embrace your ignorance you're a fucking idiot and I will spare no vitriol in my response to your stupidity. Stop thinking it is OK to be ignorant or stupid.

That is all. Until one of you shitheads pisses me off again.

3 comments:

cenobyte said...

...actually...I'm saying you're stupid if you refuse to learn something as simple as contractions.

I keep hearing the excuse "but that's the way people actually talk" as an excuse for poor grammar, word choice, or diction. That makes me angry too. Just because most of the people driving on the roads don't use their signal lights when they go to turn, doesn't mean it's okay not to do so. And just because some people say "shoulda went" instead of "should have gone" (or even, I will grant you, "shoulda gone" or "I seen it" rather than "I HAVE seen it" or "I SAW" it doesn't mean it's okay, or that people like me (and I *am* a grammar Nazi, although I prefer the term grammar fascist, since the term Nazi has negative connotations...heh...) are going to accept your ignorance.

Yes, I do correct menus (not menu's) in restaurants (not restaurant's) and signs.

Silent Winged Coyote said...

I love you cenobyte. :) Let the rage FLOW!!!

BPM-IV said...

So, like, what yer sayin is...

Ok, I'll stop. You can also count me amongst those who find such errors grating, SWC.

Worse, however, are people who pretend to know things that they just don't. Big things, no less; things that matter - like why WWI was fought. And no, you dumbass from my intro English class, it is not to "have one big war so there wouldn't have to be any more wars."

I still can't imagine thinking that would be any sort of valid answer. I mean, sure, there have been some pretty shit excuses for wars - but "just because"?

And I think I'll start carrying a red pen around to correct menus, too. That sounds like fun.