Monday, January 11, 2010

Slow release Insulin and the wobbly tire.

Come on in, the den has quite a few things to enjoy today: pears, carrots, eggs, bacon. Yeah that last one always gets people to sit down and grab a plate. Eat some of the veggies too if you fill up that plate with bacon ok?

So about 17 days or so ago, Christmas Eve it was, I started on insulin. A slow release one called Lantus, and have been injecting it with increasing doses for most of that time. Started at 10 units, and have increased by one until I reached a fasting blood sugar (that means after a night of sleep) of less than or equal to 5.5. Few days ago I hit that and have enjoyed a couple days of sugar levels that are right where they are supposed to be. Along with this I have also enjoyed not having a constant sugary taste in my mouth, no constant thirst, less peeing, and I don't feel the need to fall asleep after eating. YAH!

Of course with the good comes some bad. The rear drivers side tire fell off my car. Luckily it happened right as I parked in front of my apartment, not driving on, say, the Ring Road, which is what my mom obsessed about. Was kind of funny altogether. So now Pip (That's my car's name) is off getting fixed up at the dealership and we're looking forward to a full recovery. She's a good car.

So those are the two big events that have happened as of late. Even the bad one isn't that bad. Life is good.

No comments: