Monday, December 15, 2008

Seasonal thank yous

Come in come in, the fire is nice, but the food is low, need to restock the den. But there is some rye crackers and some cheese. Yummy. The fire is still high because it's SO COLD outside. I come in from one of my infrequent self-poisoning trips and wish for new hands as the old ones have frozen solid.

So it's that time of year and while I'm not a huge supporter of Christmas, I do like the holiday and ideas it represents so I thought I'd take a few moments and thank all the loving people who make life not just possible but wonderful. So personal shout out time.

Thank you to my family, the basis on which I have built who I am. Thank you mom and dad for being incredible role models and such huge helps. Every time you help me I dedicate at least one grade level to you two. :) I love you both dearly and again, while some of my family might not be biological relatives, I want to specifically say this: I've known no other person who is my dad except you Chris, and I'm so happy you treat me like a son and don't accept my bs, push me to be better than I am and always always love me and my little ones. You and mom make your home feel like my home and I'm always happy to be there. Thank you.

To all my brothers and sisters, and their wonderful spouses. You're all just awesome. I love each and everyone of you so much. I envy that you got to grow up together at times, but that I'm one of the siblings makes me feel incredible. Even though they came late, I'm happy to be one of five rather than just one.

Granny. You are my example of toughness and love all together. No one person I've known has lived through what you have, and yet still you love the people around you. There is no bitterness, there is no regret. There is quiet pride and beautiful strength. You deserve more than life has given you but have never asked for it. Thank you for showing us all that happiness and life is not what we're given but what we have.

My Moon, my Little Bear, my Little Bird. No three people could mean as much as you all have come to mean. These are my direct family, and no one has given me more moments of happiness, pride, frustration, and joy than you three have.

My friends. I am blessed and honoured to have as many as I do. I think I'll have to mention them all briefly, but if I miss someone, I truly apologize.

Viper Pilot: Your joys are mine, your distance is meaningless, that I miss you is nothing compared to how happy I am that you and Atomique have the little Astro-themed one. There is no one thing I could say to express my gratitude to you. I love you, your family and wish that half way around the world I could send you all a heartfelt hug.

Johnny and Cindy, Saskbeast, Jeffy, Loki, T, Brian, and all the others who weekly gather to take my money at a poker table. I am thankful you understand I can be a big whiny baby head and still invite me over. You have all given me such great moments, stories, and times that I can't list them all. Your friendship may manifest around cards, but you all mean so much more than that. Thank you.

Cenobyte, His Nibs, and the clan: While it seems that I may only think of you at my convenience, I am always happy to see you and I think if I do commit myself to some atrocious new years promise of improving myself it'll be to make many more trips down the valley to enjoy you all a lot more. You cock I think is Ceno's favorite phrase of praise. :)

Ringmaster and the Circus: Start a damn Shadowrun game Ringmaster!! :) Kidding. You know we've flung ourselves out in all directions, and those of us who are more centrally located have no place to volunteer for gathering. I think you get placed in that same silly new years promise. Political differences aside, your talents and humour are always one of the things that I love. Oh yeah, Ringmaster? I brag about you to my friends whenever one of your commercials is funny. :)

Neo, TYG, and various others who get slotted into these funny little places. Oh yeah Parmesian as well. I love the new people I meet, I love the new friends I make, and I love the new experiences I get to have. Each and every one of you hold a place in my heart and I appreciate you. Thank you. There's a Dragon, a big hair Raz, a Mel, half of the La's, a troll, Russian boy/girl name guy, oh so many I could thank in this space.

Time and place makes things change, and while the time together may not be a constant, do not think that I do not appreciate even those who leave my sight, because they're always in my heart.

Love you all, and thank you for helping me to be who I am. So really, it's all your fault! :) Hah, just kidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love ya too brother, though frequently our schedules don't work, friends are still friends.